aries-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Geronimo JPA 2.0 API
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:48:05 GMT
Isn't there a lot of discussion of how to connect jsr versions to
package versions?  I haven't seen any conclusions.  To me it seems
obvious that if the osgi package version isn't equal to the jsr spec
version (with suitable transformations for stuff like 1.1-MR3 jsr
versions) the osgi ee effort will be practically unusable.

So, I think the geronimo jar is packaged correctly.

david jencks

On Jan 20, 2010, at 8:39 AM, Timothy Ward wrote:

> Hi,
> In testing I have found that the Geronimo JPA API is being exported
> at the wrong version in its bundle manifest. As the JPA version 2.0
> API is compatible with version 1.0, the OSGi version for those
> packages should be 1.1.0, not 2.0.0.
> What do people think the best solution for this is? We can either
> raise a JIRA against Geronimo to get this fixed, or we can re-
> package the API within Aries using the correct OSGi version.
> Regards,
> Tim
> Tell us your greatest, weirdest and funniest Hotmail stories

View raw message