aries-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Aries release
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 04:37:13 GMT

On Jan 26, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:

> There's been a lot of activity lately so I'd like to propose we do a
> release so we can get some wider user feedback. I think we should give
> it a version of 0.1 and stick to versions <1 while we're in the
> Incubator.

I'm in favor of a release but prefer to call it 1.0.  Why does it
matter that we're in the incubator?  Just curious.

> Then there is the question of whether to independently version the
> high level modules or keep them lock-step. For now I think we should
> keep them lock-step until we feel a need to change that.

I think that there's a strong chance that we will have patch releases
that would affect only one module.  I think it would be odd and
confusing if the versions for the other modules were incremented as
well, especially since not all the modules will always be consumed

View raw message