aries-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: {DISCUSS] Home for Daytrader sample leveraging Aries
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:11:19 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> Daytrader has a long history of insufficient maintenance and ad-hoc
> changes to suit the demands of the moment, followed by no cleanup of all
> the broken edges.    IMO having an aries version of daytrader, the
> latest hot thing, will mean that the ee version will be completely
> dead.  I don't think this is desirable.  However, I'm not likely to work
> on any version of daytrader in the forseeable future.

I agree with the long history of insufficient maintenance and ad-hoc
changes with no cleanup of all the  broken edges.  I discovered that
first hand as I started looking into this.  In fact, a good part of my
time has been in trying to remove or clean-up some of those broken edges.

In one respect starting afresh in Aries might help breath some new life
into this sample and force us to remove some of the cruft.  In fact,
I've discovered that using the Aries programming model forces this to a
degree.  The challenge, as you mention, will be to percolate that back
into the JavaEE version.  I think that will be a challenge no matter
where the Aries version is located.

View raw message