aries-dev mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <>
Subject Re: Aries blog sample
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:37:45 GMT
Hi Nikolai
>   I tried to run the samples and found some issues :
> Bundle org.apache.aries.blueprint was not resolved because of Missing Constraint:
>  Import-Package:; version="[1.3.0,2.0.0)".
> Bundle org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.1.200.v20070605 exports this package but
> with version=1.2, I changed the Import-Package statement in
> org.apache.aries.blueprint and all bundles were successfully started.
I put in a fix for this issue on the 22nd Dec - so you should not still
be seeing it. Did you update and build blueprint before running the sample?
> Unfortunately this was not enough to run the example, the problem that I have now is:

> Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: We couldn't find an object in the registry
matching the query aries:services/
> 	at org.apache.aries.jndi.url.ServiceRegistryContext.lookup(
> Do you have an idea what is wrong? Probably I am doing something wrong.
I just wiped my work space, checked out and rebuilt everything. Then I
built the blog sample and ran it with no problems. (BTW - there are some
issues with the helloworld samples which I will fix, they aren't related
I just fell over them when I was checking the blog-sample).

I'm using a Mac with the Java 1.6 that comes with Mac (Sun's). It would
be good to confirm that you have the fix for your first issue after
updating. In fact - if you don't them my fix is bad, so I'd like to know.

Other than updating and rebuilding blueprint, jndi etc, the only other
thing I can think of is a Windows specific issue. However - I believe
that Tim ran the sample on Windows.

> Best regards,
>   Nikolai.

View raw message