aries-dev mailing list archives

From Alasdair Nottingham <>
Subject Re: Progress for Blueprint MBeans
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:16:23 GMT

I would love for you to contribute these MBeans to Apache Aries. I
would suggest putting them as a sub-project of the jmx project.

I haven't had a chance to look at the latest MBeans, but irrespective
of what I may think of the design I think Aries is the appropriate
place to host the Mbeans.

I'm not sure 100% of the right way to contribute, but the standard
approach seems to be to attach the files to a JIRA. Since it is in
SVN, perhaps someone with the right access can do an svn move (not
sure how possible this is), so we don't loose any of the history.

2009/12/17 Rex Wang <>:
> Dear All,
> We have finished most of the implementation work for the Blueprint MBeans. I
> just checked in the codes in my sandbox in Geronimo svn. If you are
> interesting about it, you can get it from:
> We really expect any comments from your guys:-), and if possible, we would
> like to contribute the whole jobs to Aries project because it is fairly a
> native place to host such MBeans.
> Underneath this folder, you can see 5 subprojects, they are:
> *# org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.jmx*
> This is the API definition of the Blueprint MBeans.
> *# org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.jmx.impl*
> This is the Blueprint MBeans' reference implementation.
> *# org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.jmx.test*
> This is the test for Blueprint MBeans, where I wrote a small framework for
> easily writing the test-cases and make validation.
> *# org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.jmx.agent*
> This is a simple agent help register a MBean server as a service in the OSGi
> framework, you might want this when play with the impl.
> *# org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.jmx.demo*
> This is a simple demo to run with the impl.
> We try our best to keep the API design and code style consistent with OSGi
> RFC-139. There alreadly are some discussions before in both mailing list,
> you can refer:
> In the end, there is a sample pic using the blueprint MBeans to track the
> blueprint bundles in Geronimo 3.0:
> Particularly thanks Siqi and also thanks Jarek Gawor for his great help!
> Any comments is welcome!
> Cheers
> -Rex

Alasdair Nottingham