aries-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hughes <>
Subject Re: Donating reference implementation RFC 98 Transaction
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:50:03 GMT
Hi Adam,

2009/12/1 adam wojtuniak <>:
> When I contributed the code to Felix they did IP clearence cause my code
> wasn't done in apache svn area.
> I think I usually the procedure like that.
> That was the reason I asked for the code first.
> But if we are fine to accept contribution without IP clearence I don't mind.

Felix is a top-level-project and needs to adhere to the IP clearance
rules [1] which states that "Incubating projects should use the
incubation STATUS tracking  to handle incoming IP clearance." Either
way the same amount of clearance / checking needs to be done in the
long run. It just seems the process is slightly different for an
incubator podling.

View raw message