aries-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Who has write access to Aries blog (was: Re: Aries Blog)
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:32:32 GMT

On Nov 2, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:

> 2009/11/2 Kevan Miller <>:
>> I've seen several requests for blog access from non-Aries
>> committers. How
>> would the community like to handle these? Limit to committers,
>> only? Require
>> an ICLA to be on file?
> I think 'ICLA on file' for blog posts as long as anyone with an ID can
> post a comment. In addition, it would be good to allow anyone
> (non-ASFers included) to be able to comment on blog posts, but I
> wouldn't want to allow anonymous posts. That said, to enable
> non-ASFers to comment they would need an ID and it seems hard to get
> an ID created. Can Roller be configured to allow anyone to create
> their own ID?

The current process for creating an ID is to raise a JIRA on ASF Infra

Projects then grant access to their project blog. Perhaps Infra is
already limiting access to ASF Committers.

I haven't tried, but it looks like anyone can create a comment -- you
provide an email address w/ your comment.

View raw message