aries-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Aries blog?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:44:04 GMT
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Kevan Miller <> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2009, at 7:19 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> ...Although I still think running a project blog outside of ASF
>> infrastructure is suboptimal, I'm not opposed to that if the Aries
>> community wants it that way - I was just offering my advice as an
>> incubation mentor.
> Agreed. From an Apache perspective, I'd prefer that be used
> for an Aries blog. If the community has reasons for running a community blog
> elsewhere, than that's fine...

I can't help noticing that most or all -1 (meaning "host at") in the ongoing vote thread come from experienced
Apache committers, and I think that's for a good reason: hosting
things at, although slightly less convenient in some cases,
gives said things a much better chance of long-term survival.

Not only in terms of technical survival, but more importantly in terms
of community survival.

My 2 (additional ;-) cents.

View raw message