aries-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Use Blogger to host Aries project blog
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:00:23 GMT
Well, in Apache terms it would be "consensus has not been reached"...
For any relevant vote, which is Yes/No, this vote would fail ("more
positive than negative"), but it is not a Yes/No vote, and hence the
outcome is "undetermined" in my opinion.

I have not voted on the basis that;

 a. Bike Shedding,
 b. Not sure if the content needs long term preservation or not.
 c. Why does people even argue over it?

Solution? Do both? Does it matter?

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM, zoe <> wrote:
> Hi all
> This vote has now run for (slightly over) 72 hours and is now closed.
> Counting the results gives:
> Total + votes = 6, that is 6 in favour of using the Blogger
> Total - votes = 6 , that is, 6 in favour of using Roller
> There are however two +0 votes which if added in tip the vote slightly in
> favour of Blogger. It looks as though these can be counted as legitimate
> votes
> There has been some good discussion on this point and I think the outcome of
> the vote is indicative of the fact that there are good points on both sides.
> At this point I think it's time to close the discussion down and move on -
> I'd like to do this today.
> Is it right to assume that, on the basis  of the vote, we should use
> Blogger?.
> Zoe

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer - New Energy for Java

I  live here;
I  work here;
I relax here;

View raw message