aries-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: Aries blog?
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 05:13:56 GMT
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:42 AM, Alasdair Nottingham
<> wrote:

> In this inter connected world where community is commonly spread
> between services like blogger, facebook, twitter and so on I do not
> understand an argument that says that the community must be on one
> domain to succeed.

What Bertrand is trying to say; BlogSpot may disappear overnight,
which leads to loss of data. We have no guarantees whatsoever that the
content will survive such event. If it is hosted on Apache
infrastructure we are sure that the content will survive as long as
Apache (hence the content) exist and is relevant.

The question would really be; Does it matter if BlogSpot and our blog
disappears? If the answer is "Yes", then Apache infrastructure is the
answer, otherwise "Anywhere" is Ok.

And I don't have a good the answer to that, hence not voting...

Another aspect is the "Eat your own dog food", and that we can very
easily work with both infrastructure and Apache Roller project to get
missing features in.

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer - New Energy for Java

I  live here;
I  work here;
I relax here;

View raw message