aries-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Mahrwald <>
Subject Re: Wab url handler and imports
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:23:18 GMT
You are right embedded libraries are indeed a major problem with the code as
it stands and has been discussed (but, alas, not resolved) IBM internally.
As far as I am aware there is no prescribed solution for this in RFC 66, so
we are free to devise the mechanism that seems best.

Possibly, the best mechanism would be to require embedded libraries to
- specify a valid OSGi manifest from which we could determine what
dependency the library adds and which it resolves
- have no external dependencies (which is of course very hard to check at
runtime since we cannot know for any given libraries whether dependencies
are optional or not).

This would I hope cover the majority of utility libraries one would want to
include in a WAB.