aries-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <>
Subject Re: Wab url handler and imports
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:06:24 GMT
I don't think one can assume a package import needs to be mandatory.
You have no idea what the intent of the code is, and it could actually
be optional (such as an optimization if sun.misc is present or an
optional web page if a package is available, etc...).
I think the only possible solution is to have either:
  * scanning with all packages as optional
  * no scanning with a DynamicImport-Package = javax.*,*,
  * no scanning with a DynamicImport-Package = *

I think a war that has no external dependency beyond jre, servlet and
jsp apis *MUST* correctly deployed, and the only way is to have all
imports being optional somehow (either through optional imports or
dynamic imports).

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 19:21, Lin Sun <> wrote:
> Is this scanning going to be done for the classes in web-inf/classes
> dir or both the web-inf/classes & jars in web-info/lib dir?   RFC 66
> requires all jars from web-inf/lib to be added to the Bundle-Classpath
> manifest header and if we assume the user has packed the war
> dependencies in the war file, I wonder if we need to scan the jars in
> web-inf/lib dir?
> If we do need to scan both (the later case), would the packages needed
> by the classes in web-inf/classes dir marked as required  (if it is
> not importing from within the war) while the packages needed by
> classes in web-inf/lib dir marked as optional?
> Thanks
> Lin
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Valentin Mahrwald
> <> wrote:
>> My suggestion was, going with Guillaume's initial suggestion, to scan for
>> dependencies but generate them all as optional.

Guillaume Nodet
Open Source SOA

View raw message