aries-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Use Blogger to host Aries project blog
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 19:41:54 GMT

On Oct 16, 2009, at 10:11 AM, zoe wrote:

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> It does give one data point though for me. how well folks are
>> listening to their mentors :)
> I'd like to think we are listening but that doesn't mean that we
> can't express a different point of view does it? As I said, I really
> think we have spent too much time on this and would like to move on.

Agreed. Personally, I think the voting is divided into two camps:

1) The people who will be doing most of the blogging, and
2) The people who are thinking about this from an Apache Branding,

I'd prefer to see Aries benefiting from a closer association with
"Apache" via I'd prefer to see Apache benefitting
from Aries utilization of However, I must confess
that I'm probably not going to be contributing very much blog content.
So, it's pretty easy for me to have this perspective...

> Those of us that argued against Roller have done so on the basis of
> ease of use of Blogger. What if we start a Roller blog and if, after
> some period, we can demonstrate that lack of function/usability is
> making it difficult for contributors then we agree to move to
> Blogger? Would the mentors be happy with that solution?

Yes. Fine with me. However, if we're finding that the Apache Blogging
infrastructure is particularly constraining, I'd also like to
understand the issues and at least make sure that the issues are
described to the Infra team -- and even better if people see what can
be done to help improve things...