aries-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Running TCKs on our code
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:25:13 GMT

On Oct 2, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:

> 2009/10/2 Alan D. Cabrera <>:
>> Luckily there's a couple of Alliance members in this project who
>> can perform
>> this task until things get sorted out.
>> In any case we'll need a TCK mailing list; I'll get that done.  I'm
>> not sure
>> how we'll vet membership.  David, since you're a chair maybe you
>> could
>> provide a list?
> Is there a precedent for a TCK mailing list on other Apache projects?
> What are the rules for entry? What gets discussed there that can't be
> discussed on the dev@ list? I just want to be clear on what we're
> talking about.

Hi Jeremy,
Yes. There are TCK-specific mailing lists and TCK-specific SVN trees
within Apache. Access is limited to Apache committers who have signed
the following NDA --

TCK materials must be protected and kept private. Beyond PASS and
FAIL, there are limits on detailed discussions of the tests on public
mailing lists. Any specific discussions occur on the private TCK
mailing list.

> I'm guessing the purpose of a TCK mailing list would be to discuss
> everything around running OSGi Compliance Tests, since I believe the
> OSGi Alliance only allows its members to download (maybe there are
> other levels of OSGi affiliation that would allow this too I don't
> know).
> What do other Apache projects do in this situation? Is there guidance
> or are we breaking new ground (in particular with the OSGi). Hasn't
> Felix come up against this before? What happens there?

It sounds like the Felix "project" is not running TCK tests. Rather,
"individuals" (who are also members of the Alliance) are running TCK
tests on the Felix code.

View raw message