aries-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Use Blogger to host Aries project blog
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:15:27 GMT
2009/10/16 zoe <>

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> It does give one data point though for me. how well folks are
>> listening to their mentors :)
if the 'right' answer is that blogs should be hosted at
then is it worth documenting this somewhere on the incubator FAQ ?

> I'd like to think we are listening but that doesn't mean that we can't
> express a different point of view does it? As I said, I really think we have
> spent too much time on this and would like to move on.
> Those of us that argued against Roller have done so on the basis of ease of
> use of Blogger. What if we start a Roller blog and if, after some period, we
> can demonstrate that lack of function/usability is making it difficult for
> contributors then we agree to move to Blogger? Would the mentors be happy
> with that solution?

agree, lets follow Niclas' suggestion and get on with providing content
and building community - lets start the Aries blog at
and see how that goes (ironically I can't find the link that says how to
request a new blog at apache - anyone have any pointers?)

Cheers, Stuart