aries-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <>
Subject Re: Aries wiki/website
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:25:34 GMT
Should there be any concern for checking in the images and css files
that the autoexport plugin is pulling from Confluence?  There are a lot
of images that get included in the exported space that come directly
from the Confluence installation....

For Geronimo and OpenJPA, we still rsync the files over and keep custom
logos/graphics in svn (along with backup copies of the custom autoexport
template) and just manually copy them over when they change.

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Guillaume Nodet <> wrote:
>> ...the autoexport confluence plugin exports the web site automatically at
>> It's actual location is:
>>   /www/confluence-exports/ARIES/
>> This directory is simply rsynced to the aries web site using the
>> following cron job:
>> 0 * * * * (/usr/local/bin/rsync -r /www/confluence-exports/ARIES/
>> /www/
>> So I don't think we can put anything in svn unfortunately....
> There would be a way to have the website in svn:
> 1. Let autoexport generate site at /www/confluence-exports/ARIES (or trigger it)
> 2. Aries committer rsyncs that folder to their local svn workspace and reviews
> 3. Commiter commits, and svnpubsub [1] quickly copies content to live
> website (setup by infra)
> Compared to the current setup, all the content is in svn, which makes
> it easier to post-process or mix that content with generated content
> (javadocs etc). The activation to the live site is also very quick,
> compared to scheduled currently. The downside is step 2. above.
> -Bertrand
> [1]

View raw message