aries-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <>
Subject Re: asserts
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:15:45 GMT
Yep, we have several subclasses of RuntimeException that we use for the
same purpose, along with being able to pass in a message class for
translated messages templates...

Guess it depends on the method you prefer and if you want to use the
Java exception breakpoints in Eclipse to automatically suspend on a
subset of the exceptions.  I've always felt that asserts were a hold
over from C and shouldn't be used in Java.

View raw message