aries-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: SVN tree and Git mirror available
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 05:53:01 GMT

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Jeremy Hughes <> wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Guillaume Nodet <>:
>>.. Having a single trunk does not necesseraly mean we release everything together.
>> Felix works this way and maven plugins too (or at least they used to).
> How does this work w.r.t subproject interdependencies ... how does a
> user know what levels of the subprojects have been tested with each
> other are are known to work together. e.g. foo@1.1 depends on has been
> tested with bar@1.2 ... a new bar@1.3 is released but how do users
> know whether they're ok using foo@1.1 with bar@1.3 ?...

In Sling [1], the way we handle this is with integration tests. The
tests in svn (Sling's launchpad/testing module) use a set combination
of bundles, but you can easily run them against any other combination.

We do "big bang" releases from time to time, and release individual
bundles in between, or rather groups of bundles.

View raw message