ariatosca-user mailing list archives

From Tal Liron <...@cloudify.co>
Subject Re: Minimal example for docker/fabric
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 15:59:08 GMT
That's all very viable indeed.

1. TOSCA is an OASIS standard specification for cloud orchestration,
consisting of a rich object-oriented modeling grammar as well as a
recommended Simple Profile of base types.
2. ARIA is a straightforward implementation of a TOSCA parser and
orchestrator, currently an Apache incubator project.
3. Cloudify is a mature and feature-rich cloud orchestrator
(Apache-licensed, currently at version 4.1) that uses a TOSCA-inspired
language, but not real TOSCA.

Because ARIA is still quite new and missing supporting plugins for various
technologies (Docker, Openstack, AWS, Puppet, Chef, Juju, etc.) we have
created an adapter layer that help us use Cloudify plugins in ARIA. We
consider this a temporary measure and intend to re-implement all these
plugins natively for ARIA, as extensions in the repository.

We're still building up our documentation on the wiki, as well as our list
of examples. We currently have a Hello World for Openstack, but not one for
Docker yet.

Have you tried the Openstack example?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARIATOSCA/OpenStack+Hello+World