ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From D Jayachandran <d.jayachand...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Service Composition / Substitution Mapping
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 07:11:18 GMT
Thanks Tal. I agree this needs to taken up with OASIS.

Having said that ,there is statement in TOSCA Spec 2.9

" In TOSCA templates, nodes are either:

·         Concrete: meaning that they have a deployment and/or one or more implementation
artifacts that are declared on the “create” operation of the node’s Standard lifecycle
interface, or they are

·         Abstract: where the template describes the node type along with its required capabilities
and properties that must be satisfied."

I thought if the above statement would anyway help us in identifying an abstract node.

Regards,
DJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Tal Liron [mailto:tal@cloudify.co]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 8:30 PM
To: dev@ariatosca.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Service Composition / Substitution Mapping

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 5:33 AM, D Jayachandran <d.jayachandran@ericsson.com>
wrote:

>  Hence I wanted to know if there is any possibility of identifying an
> abstract type (during parsing )so that we need not import or define
> the custom node type in my service template.

In my opinion, the import of the abstract type is necessary. TOSCA offers no alternative,
and I don't see how ARIA would be able to guess that this type is abstract nor have any notion
where to find the type. I think that such usability problems we find in the mechanism need
to be addressed at OASIS. Perhaps we can make TOSCA 1.2 easier to use with substitution mapping.
For now, though, I think ARIA should adhere to the TOSCA 1.0 standard as closely as possible.