ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From D Jayachandran <d.jayachand...@ericsson.com>
Subject Use & impact of role/host attribute in ARIA
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 07:07:43 GMT
Hi,

I just noticed the "role" attribute is added for different "capability" and "node" types in
ARIA profiles. There is no such role with the TOSCA spec.
Why is this been added in the profiles ? What is the use of them ?

I faced an issue when I run a local script as part of the Interface operation. The script
was provided to the execution plugin as "run_script_with_ssh" rather than "run_script_locally".
The "role" seemed to have a saying on deciding this. Based on this role a host is being added
to any node instance. With the host being set a script is configured either as " run_script_with_ssh"
rather than "run_script_locally".

So I want to understand under which cicumstances is a host being added to a node and which
decided if the script execution is local or ssh ?

Regards,
DJ