ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Baillargeon <steve.baillarg...@ericsson.com>
Subject Workflow graph, Juju charm and node states
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 18:52:08 GMT
Hi Tal

1) Is it possible to send me an example of a custom workflow graph?

I am trying to visualize such graph or use it in my presentation

2) When executing an operation associated with a "script", what are the main implications
or differences between executing a Juju charm vs executing a shell script.

Is it something like this?

- a shell script is an artifact that is included in the CSAR and is likely executed by the
local TOSCA ARIA orchestrator

- a juju charm is not an artifact (therefore not included in the CSAR) and is likely executed
by a remote Juju service orchestrator

3) Is it possible to create custom node states using TOSCA/ARIA?

I suspect custom node states cannot be defined in the TOSCA service template and must be implemented
directly by the TOSCA orchestrator (?).

4) Also related to node states. It looks like the YAML specs has a couple of discrepancies
for the normative uninstall workflow (section 5.7.4.4.2 in YAML 1.0).

IMO the available state is not defined and the diagram at the top of the workflow should use
the started state instead.

IMO the configured state at the bottom of the workflow diagram should be replaced with the
initial state instead.

Do you agree?

Thanks

Regards