ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From Ran Ziv <...@cloudify.co>
Subject Re: Seeing error "Validation issues: unknown parent type "tosca:Root" in WebServer"
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2017 09:22:15 GMT
Well, this is awkward.
After some short testing, it seems the problem is that the 0.1.1 (and
0.1.0) wheels don't treat "ctx" as an entry points (as is evident by
unzipping the wheel and viewing the "entry_points.txt" file).
One simple way to work around this is to install ARIA not via wheel, e.g.
by running:
pip install apache-ariatosca[ssh] --no-binary apache-ariatosca

I still can't quite say what's caused this - if I try to build a wheel from
the current state of master (0.2.0), the wheel does treat "ctx" as an entry
point, and it's indeed recognized post-install.
AFAIK, nothing's changed about the installation mechanism since 0.1.1.

It's likely to be related to the fact that "ctx" is not set directly into
"entry_points" in "setup.py", but rather is added dynamically by default:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/blob/0.1.1/setup.py#L101
However, as I mentioned, nothing much has changed there since 0.1.1, and I
don't see any changes in pip, wheel, or setuptools that might have caused
this either.

The easiest way to avoid this in the future is possibly to simply make
"ctx" written statically into the "entry_points". I'll create a JIRA for
this.