ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From Tal Liron <...@gigaspaces.com>
Subject Re: Plugin validation
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:21:30 GMT
That's a good question. :)

Actually, in the service template you do not pin down the plugin, but
rather specify the plugin and a minimum version that you need. During
instantiation there might be a higher version of the plugin that would be
matched. Once instantiated the plugin version is "locked" for that service
instance. If you then install a newer version of the plugin, and create a
new service instance, the second service instance would use the higher
version. All this is done to make sure that the service remains stable.

It would of course be possible to verify this earlier, but it seemed
unnecessary. What advantage do you see in verifying the existing of the
plugin during the service template parsing stage?