ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From DeWayne Filppi <dewa...@gigaspaces.com>
Subject Re: async execution/task management
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 22:05:20 GMT
I think I came up with a good enough solution for now.  The caller is a
long running process ( a web server essentially), so I added a module level
dict that maps execution id to runner and thread.  When a status or cancel
comes it, it just looks the objects up in the map and gets busy.  Of course
if the process that owns the map dies, all hell breaks loose.  I'll
ultimately need to serialize these objects in persistent storage or a
distributed in-memory store, but that's a problem for later.  Thanks.

--
DeWayne Filppi, Director, Solutions Architect <http://cloudify.co>