ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From Ran Ziv <...@gigaspaces.com>
Subject Re: create_template
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2017 09:27:45 GMT
Hi DeWayne,

The error probably means that the ARIA TOSCA extension isn't properly
installed, and therefore the parser can't find a valid reader.
The error message could probably have been somewhat clearer.. Feel free to
create a JIRA issue over this (or I'll create one if you don't :)).

Note that the ARIA TOSCA extension gets installed when running "pip
install" over the apache-ariatosca project as expected - but when
installing in editable mode, a bug in setuptools causes only the main
("aria") package to get installed properly instead.
See this JIRA issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIA-110 - which
also describes the workaround.
(This is also documented on our Confluence)

Finally, you can run "make install-virtual" to install inside a Python
virtualenv, and that will also take care of making the mentioned workaround
for you, resulting in a proper installation of the TOSCA extension.
( See make target here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/blob/master/Makefile#L38 )

Ran