ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From Ran Ziv <...@gigaspaces.com>
Subject Re: How can I use aria CLI options correctly?
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 08:53:35 GMT
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, the README is currently much outddated. That is why the
"aria parse" command raises an invalid command error.

We're working on updating the quick start guide, and hopefully it'll be up
to date early next week, although that too isn't going to provide a full
documentation at this time to ARIA but rather only an introduction.
In the meanwhile however, we'll be glad to help over on this mailing list.

The "parse" command indeed no longer exists; Similar functionality can be
found under "aria service-templates show", but first one has to use "aria
service-templates store", like so:
*aria service-templates store node-cellar.yaml nodecellar*
*aria service-templates show nodecellar -f*

To actually run workflows etc., you'd have to first create a service for a
given service-template, e.g.:
*aria service-templates store examples/hello-world/helloworld.yaml hello*
*aria services create hello-service -t hello*
*aria executions start install -s hello-service*

hope this helps.
Ran