ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From D Jayachandran <d.jayachand...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Query on operation inputs
Date Tue, 30 May 2017 05:48:09 GMT
Hi Ran,

I think Tal as updated, it might be possibly a bug here. May be we all should come to common
understanding.

As I updated earlier, since the inputs validation are completing during parsing stage, I don’t
feel why the validation is required again during orchestration time ?
Does the TOSCA spec actually refers the 2nd points of yours ? (The operation inputs must either
have a default value in the type definition or be supplied with a value in the actual operation
definition)

Regards,
DJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Ran Ziv [mailto:ran@gigaspaces.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:14 PM
To: dev@ariatosca.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query on operation inputs

I've reviewed your example, and I think either I'm missing something or my original explanation
still applies:

  1. The validation at orchestration time for whether required inputs have been specified
does not deal with the "required" flag at all (actually, the flag never makes it past the
parsing stage and into the storage models).

  2. For operation inputs to validate successfully, each input must either have a default
value in the type definition or be supplied with a value in the actual operation definition.
In your case, both "labels" and "isService" for example didn't have a default value set in
the type definition (as opposed to "target_host" for example) - However, "isService"
was set to "true" in the actual operation definition, while "labels" wasn't assigned with
any such value - Which is why you received the validation error for a missing required input
over the "labels" operation input.

Does this make sense?