ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From Ran Ziv <...@gigaspaces.com>
Subject Re: Query on operation inputs
Date Sun, 28 May 2017 12:43:58 GMT
I've reviewed your example, and I think either I'm missing something or my
original explanation still applies:

  1. The validation at orchestration time for whether required inputs have
been specified does not deal with the "required" flag at all (actually, the
flag never makes it past the parsing stage and into the storage models).

  2. For operation inputs to validate successfully, each input must either
have a default value in the type definition or be supplied with a value in
the actual operation definition. In your case, both "labels" and
"isService" for example didn't have a default value set in the type
definition (as opposed to "target_host" for example) - However, "isService"
was set to "true" in the actual operation definition, while "labels" wasn't
assigned with any such value - Which is why you received the validation
error for a missing required input over the "labels" operation input.

Does this make sense?