ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From Matej Arta─Ź <matej.ar...@xlab.si>
Subject Hello from OASIS TOSCA TC
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:20:06 GMT
Dear all,

I would like to introduce myself as a new (soon to be Voting) Member of
the OASIS TOSCA Technical Committee.

As you can imagine, the TC is very excited about your goals and work. We
would like you to be up-to-date with major developments within TC, and
to also let you know that we are open to questions, concerns and
suggestions. I know that GigaSpaces is a great supporter in the OASIS
TOSCA already, but you can consider me as another channel through to the
TOSCA TC.

One of the announcements from the TC that came just a few weeks ago was
that the *TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML Version 1.0* was published, as it
has been approved by the members on 21 December 2016:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/tosca/TOSCA-Simple-Profile-YAML/v1.0/os/TOSCA-Simple-Profile-YAML-v1.0-os.html

As an on-going effort, the TOSCA TC members also provide TOSCA test
assertions (I am aware that this is already in your Jira as ARIA-1 task.):

https://github.com/oasis-open/tosca-test-assertions

As for my own involvement in the TOSCA context, I lead a working package
of the DICE H2020 project, where we handle deployment of Big Data
services for data-intensive applications. We extensively use Cloudify as
a supporting orchestrator tool.

I plan to stay subscribed to dev@ariatosca.incubator.apache.org to stay
in the loop on your progress.

Best regards,
Matej

--
Senior researcher
XLAB d.o.o.

DICE project team leader and WP5 leader: http://www.dice-h2020.eu
Member, OASIS TOSCA Standard Technical Committee

Live chat: visit http://www.xlab.si/ and click Live chat
Google Drive, hangouts: matej.artac.it@gmail.com
Office phone: +386 1 244 77 53