ariatosca-dev mailing list archives

From Matej Artač <matej.ar...@xlab.si>
Subject Re: Hello from OASIS TOSCA TC
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 13:58:01 GMT
Hello Arthur,

thank you for your welcome!

> I think that the mailing list is a good place to start, or did you
> have any concrete thoughts on collaboration between the ARIA comminity
> and OASIS?
Sounds good! At this point my interest is to keep up-to-date with your
work, keep you posted with anything relevant for you that comes up in
the TC, and also share any concerns you might have regarding the changes
and development in the standard back to TC.

My plan is also to have my team play with ARIA like it is available in
the git repository and get familiar with it as well. Considering the new
profiles are the future and you are working on a usable reference
implementation, I would like to stay on top of the new development.

> It is important to note here that although Gigaspaces started ARIA,
> the goal of project Apache ARIA-TOSCA is to build a vendor neutral,
> and technology agnostic(2 of the main pillars of TOSCA) community
> around an open source implemintation of TOSCA. The community runs
> under the Apache Software Foundation guidelines and as we build an
> open governance model for the project.

This sounds like a very good direction.

> Currenrly we implemented Simple Profile 1.0 YAML, and Simple Profile
> for NFV 1.0 csd03 which you can find here:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-ariatosca/tree/8ee1470e314cfd3cac5cc4e17c80ea6ab67bad8a/extensions/aria_extension_tosca/profiles

Great, we'll take a look!

> It would be greate to collaborate on integrating this into our
> testing, do you have any thoughts on this?

Not at the moment, but I've made a note to look some more into it and to
come back to you.

Thank you again for being open and for all the great work so far!

Best regards,
Matej

--
Senior researcher
XLAB d.o.o.
Pot za Brdom 100
SI-1000 Ljubljana
Slovenia

DICE project team leader and WP5 leader: http://www.dice-h2020.eu
Member, OASIS TOSCA Standard Technical Committee

Live chat: visit http://www.xlab.si/ and click Live chat
Google Drive, hangouts: matej.artac.it@gmail.com
Office phone: +386 1 244 77 53