archive-license mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: Licence URIs
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 23:12:16 GMT

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Dave Hodder wrote:

> Hello,
> The following URIs still point to the version 1.1 licence:
>    *
>    *
>    *
>    *
> There are quite a lot of places (<> as well as
> external sites) pointing to these URIs, wrongly implying that ASL 1.1 is
> the current Apache licence.  Perhaps they could point to the new licence
> instead?

I've fixed the first two by redirecting them to the /licenses/ directory.
The second two are needed as a historical document.  The only links that
should refer to them are historical.  Any others should be fixed.  (If
people think there will be lots of confusion, I could rename that file
LICENSE-1.0 and redirect the old links to the /licenses/ directory.  But I
don't think it is necessary.)

I have also fixed all the links I found on (although
there may be some more in the docs that I haven't checked).

Thanks for the note.

View raw message