archive-httpd-pop3-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: is this module integrated with handlers at all
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:10:01 GMT
It is sort of in it's infancy... and certainly could use all the help we can get
in really rounding it out.

As a matter of fact, I'm looking at a 'vanilla' telnet handler (filter and
bucket type) that could hand the lightweight requirements of other
protocols such as smtp, ftp, etc.  This would simply comply with the
telnet spec (FF over the wire as FFFF, create a custom bucket for
telnet metadata such as IP, SYNC etc.)

As far as handler integration, I believe this module doesn't at the moment.
I wish it would and might help if I free up some time next month.

Bill

At 02:40 PM 7/15/2003, k d wrote:
>i don't really see this as being a transparent protocol implementation..
>
>of course that's probably not what it was designed for, but that's the functionality that
i think makes the most sense for any 'protocol modules'..

>as a stand-alone module that has to be fully developed in C, i don't see how this would
be too terribly useful..

>if it were however transparently accessable through handles, then it could be integrated
with existing apache2 code for other services..

>not that i have any clue atm how that architecture would work out, but i am looking for
that kind of functionality in a telnet protocol module..