archiva-users mailing list archives

From Karl-Philipp Richter <krich...@posteo.de>
Subject How to enforce SSL with trusted letsencrypt.org certificate in Apache Archiva standalone 2.2.1?
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 12:56:34 GMT
Hi,
I'd like to use/enforce SSL with a trusted letsencrypt.org certificate
for an Apache Archiva standalone 2.2.1 instance on Ubuntu 17.04.

I didn't find any information in the Archiva website/documentation. [The
setup for SSL usage on Jetty is
painful](http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/configuring-ssl.html),
so I want to make sure that it's necessary to go through it, that it's
compatible with Archiva 2.2.1 (and possibly others) (no patched versions
of Jetty in Archiva, etc.) and that there's no easier way. I came across
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30871001/how-to-setup-apache-archiva-to-use-https-instead-of-http
and
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33229543/how-to-configure-ssl-with-archiva
which both suggest to use a httpd proxy which I don't want.

Don't hesitate answering on SO questions (if you support the
format/closeness) since Q&A is much more constructive than mailing lists.

-Kalle