archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Archiva 2.2.x, resetting password
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 22:32:05 GMT
Hi Thad,

Thad Humphries wrote:

> Despite earlier efforts to get Archiva to stop requiring password reset,
> it's done it again. Now neither user nor admin can get in and the "Reset
> Password" button seems to do nothing.
>
> How can I clear the old passwords and reset the admin and users? Or (as
> done at least once before) must I blow it all away an reinstall?
>
> Can't this "feature" be disable? There is *at most* only two of using
> this.

I had also a very annoying fight with this and I am only one. I found
finally a location to turn the expiration off (at least I hope so):

================ %< ===============
$ sudo cat /var/lib/archiva/security.properties
security.policy.password.previous.count=0
security.policy.password.expiration.enabled=false
================ %< ===============

However, I was in the same situation as you and I finally created a new DB
for the Archiva users, configured Archiva to use that one instead and let it
recreate an admin and guest user (note, you have to turn off password
expiration before). Then I exported the two JDOUSER* tables, dropped
anything in these tables of the original DB and imported the data. After
that I configured Archiva to use the original User DB again. Now I could
login as admin again and was able to recreated my user.

Note: Always shut down Tomcat before you change something in the DB.

Hope this works for you also.

Cheers,
Jörg