archiva-users mailing list archives

From Mark Faine <mark.fa...@gmail.com>
Subject Basic Install Question
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:19:35 GMT
Tomcat 7
Archiva 2.2.0

What I want to do should be very simple, however, I cannot for the life of
me figure out how.

1. Installation of Archiva as a deployed (exploded) web application under
/opt/tomcat/webapps

2. The repository ,data, groups and other folders are being created in
$CATALINA_HOME, this is not where they should be, I have tried to find a
way to set another location but I cannot figure it out.  How can I set the
location where the folders should be created?

I have my context setup in /opt/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml

3.  The instructions state:

url="jdbc:derby:/path/to/database/archiva;create=true" />

Does /path/to/database need to be canonical, can it be relative?  If
so, relative to what?

tl;dr Essentially, I want the archiva app at the path
/opt/tomcat/webapps/archiva and all of the resources that are
generated from the app at /opt/archiva   However, I can't seem to
figure out any configuration that will result in this outcome.

Also, I'm getting a file created with the file name
/opt/tomcat/conf/archiva.xml that contains some configuration for archiva,
it should stay with archiva webapp, or at least with the archiva created
resources in /opt/archiva