archiva-users mailing list archives

From Thad Humphries <thad.humphr...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation suggestion for ARCHIVA_BASE and 'Installing as a Service on Linux'
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:40:58 GMT
I installed Archiva 2.1.1 standalone on Linux (openSUSE) with a separate
ARCHIVA_BASE, and ran it about a month with nohup. After upgrading to
2.2.0, I decided to run it as a service. I followed the directions at at
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/adminguide/standalone.html, including
adding myself as the RUN_AS_USER environment variable. The service started,
but it did not pick up my ARCHIVA_BASE environment variable, which I had
assumed to be the purpose of uncommenting bin/archiva's
RUN_AS_USER environment variable.

When I searched for this problem, the first hit I got was
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/archiva-users/201406.mbox/%3CDE946284-8A9F-4919-9D17-B1683B1700F7%40apache.org%3E
That pointed me to the solution: In conf/wrapper.conf, about 14 lines down,
edit "set.default.ARCHIVA_BASE=." to your ARCHIVA_BASE environment
variable, *not* the current directory (so in my case,
"set.default.ARCHIVA_BASE=/u3/archiva").

Unless bin/archiva is modified to pick up the RUN_AS_USER's
ARCHIVA_BASE, *strongly
recommend* that instruction above be added to "Installing as a Service on
Linux" in docs/2.2.0/adminguide/standalone.html

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v. 121-24)