archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Hoek <jer...@lable.org>
Subject Re: Technical Consult Archiva LDAP Configuration
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:30:44 GMT
Hello Christian,

I have found that it helps a lot to log all LDAP-queries performed on
the LDAP-server itself, to see the exact LDAP-queries posed by
Archiva. That way you can spot any discrepancies in the query
parameters used. To further debug connecting to LDAP, you can then try
to perform those queries directly using ldapsearch, to see if you are
getting any results back from LDAP.

> Hey Christian,
>
> A few things to check:
> 1. There is at least one NPE you can get while setting up the ldap
> configuration that will resolve permanently with a restart of archiva.
>
> 2. What is the name of the group objectclass in your LDAP, and what is the
> name of the attribute denoting membership of groups in your LDAP?
> If they are not groupOfUniqueNames and uniqueMember, respectively, you may
> have to specify them in your archiva.xml, within tags
> redbackRuntimeConfiguration -> configurationProperties -> ldap -> config ->
> groups -> class (for the objectClass) and redbackRuntimeConfiguration ->
> configurationProperties -> ldap -> config -> groups -> member (for the
> attribute).
>
> Here is the issue tracker if you want to put in a JIRA with logs of errors
> you are getting: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM (get an account at
> https://xircles.codehaus.org/signup )
>
> -Jon
>

> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM, christian <cperez@technisys.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello, good afternoon ,
>> We are having a problem in configuring Archiva with LDAP.
>> As proof we use the LDAP installed on :
>> http://www.forumsys.com/tutorials/integration -how- to/ldap/online -ldap -
>> test- server/
>>
>> When do we set our archives as follows if the manual say
>> but, although this indicates that connects ok to LDAP, when we go to the
>> mapping tab Roles, no LDAP groups appear
>>

>> i have the apache -archiva version 2.1.1
>>
>> They could help with this? i need a manual or any form to do this!
>>
>> Thank you, best regards

Kind regards,

Jeroen Hoek
Lable