archiva-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance issues after upgrading to 2.0.1
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 23:24:09 GMT
On 17 April 2014 02:06, Sascha Vogt <sascha.vogt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 16.04.2014 13:51, schrieb Sascha Vogt:
>> I also tried playing with the Lock Timeout / Skip Locking setting in the
>> Runtime Configuration, imho that didn't change the situation much.
>
> I had a look into this flag trying to figure out what it is doing, and
> found the following in DefaultArchivaRuntimeConfigurationService:
>
>> FileLockConfiguration fileLockConfiguration = archivaRuntimeConfiguration.getFileLockConfiguration();
>> if ( fileLockConfiguration != null )
>> {
>>     fileLockManager.setTimeout( fileLockConfiguration.getLockingTimeout() );
>>     fileLockConfiguration.setSkipLocking( fileLockConfiguration.isSkipLocking() );
>> }
>
> The line "fileLockConfiguration.setSkipLocking(
> fileLockConfiguration.isSkipLocking() );" looks suspicious. Shouldn't
> that be "fileLockManager.setSkipLocking..."?

Correct I just fixed. This means you cannot activate the experimental
file locking :-) so performance issue on that :-)

DefaultISMLocking is a jackrabbit class

Maybe try change the log4j2 async configuration?
See http://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.0.2-SNAPSHOT/adminguide/logging.html
Due to various issues reported here, I will change the default.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au