archiva-users mailing list archives

From <org.apache.arch...@io7m.com>
Subject Does running on freebsd require compiling the entire archiva package from source?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:16:44 GMT
'Lo.

I'd like to install Archiva on a FreeBSD server here. Having downloaded
the 2.0.1 package, I was surprised to find that it won't run on FreeBSD:

$ /archiva/apache-archiva-2.0.1/bin/archiva
Unable to locate any of the following operational binaries:
  /archiva/apache-archiva-2.0.1/bin/./wrapper-freebsd-x86-64
  /archiva/apache-archiva-2.0.1/bin/./wrapper-freebsd-x86-32
  /archiva/apache-archiva-2.0.1/bin/./wrapper

I have to admit I'm surprised that a package written in Java to support
Java development apparently depends on native code...

Do I have to build the whole thing from source in order to run it?