archiva-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.4-M4 and maven-metadata.xml generation for pluginGroups usage
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2014 23:08:31 GMT
On 16 February 2014 03:44, ALIX LOURME <alix.lourme@mpsa.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In our company we are using (the great tool !) Archiva, in version 1.4-M4.
> We have some internal plugins, the usage by prefix is resolved with "pluginGroups" process
defined in maven settings.xml.

> After some groupId/artifactId changes on these company plugins, the maven-metadata.xml
files have been deleted in plugins directory in our internal repository under archiva, to
re-start on a "clean" situation.

> After a complete scan/index, I can see maven-metadata.xml of plugins/version are correctly
generated (eg : com.company.plugins.myPlugin and com.company.plugins.myPlugin.versionXYY),
but NOT in plugins root directory (eg : com.company.plugins).

> So the repository directory corresponding to the settings.xml pluginsGroup configuration
doesn't have maven-metada.xml containing list of plugins.
> It affects Maven 2 (v2.2.1) usage ... because this version is not very transigent when
metadata are not exist in this plugin prefix resolution case (compared to maven 3.1).

> So my question : Archiva 1.4-M4 is not supposed generate this "intermediary" metadata
automatically ? Or a specific configuration or consummer development must be done ?

Those metadata file are generated/uploaded by Maven when you deploy
the plugin (and not by Archiva)
So Archiva is not supposed to do that.
Writing a consummer to repair that sounds a good idea.
For 1.4. and coming 2.0.x see documentation here:
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M4/customising/writing-consumer.html
If the documentation is not complete or clear enough (which can be
possible :-) ), do not hesitate to ask questions.

> (I "suppose" this process was ok in Archiva 1.3, some intermediary metadata are always
present, generated before version migration).

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au