archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.3.5 database administration question
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 20:31:59 GMT
On 13 Nov 2013, at 1:23 am, Stallard,David <stallard@oclc.org> wrote:

> Brett, to be clear what you mean by deleting the indexes, would that mean deleting both
the .index and .indexer directories under each of our repositories?

Yes, that's right.

> Will Archiva be available for use while those are being recreated?  We fixed an issue
a few months ago by deleting the database and I don't recall that affecting availability,
not sure if the index is different.

Correct. /repository/ is unaffected by that, though /browse/ and search and will not return
results until they are scanned again.

Obviously, that step is a last resort after the main scans have failed to correct issues,
and you should take a backup just in case.

Regards,
Brett

--
Brett Porter   @brettporter