archiva-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transfer Invalidated error?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 04:25:49 GMT
As I see in your logs the policy is set to FAIL so maybe you can
change the policy to ignore.
BTW see mb-olamy:sirona olamy$ curl -I
http://maven.atlassian.com/public/commons-digester/commons-digester/maven-metadata.xml
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Server: nginx/1.1.19
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 04:22:45 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Location: https://maven.atlassian.com/public/commons-digester/commons-digester/maven-metadata.xml

It's probably an issue with old maven-wagon version not handling
correctly redirect.

Just try to change the url to https instead of http to avoid issue
with redirect.

On 21 November 2013 06:18, Stallard,David <stallard@oclc.org> wrote:
> In Archiva 1.3.5, we are getting a lot of the following error type in the log.  I know
that when Archiva is looking for things in an external proxy it will cycle through the proxy
list and build a URL for that proxy and just try it...if it fails, it tries the next proxy,
and so on.  But I don't think that's what is happing in this case, because all of these errors
involve only one of our defined proxies: maven.atlassian.com.

> If you try to find the artifacts at that proxy, they don't exist - so it makes sense
that trying to retrieve them would fail.  But I don't understand why it keeps trying to pull
artifacts which don't exist at this particular proxy.  Perhaps there is old information sitting
around somewhere which is causing it to do this over and over?  We do have a commons-logging/commons-logging
artifact directory (to take one example from below), and it contains maven-metadata files
for several proxies, including the file maven-metadata-atlassian.xml.  It looks like these
might keep track of which versions are available at each proxy?  Perhaps we just need to delete
the atlassian file to stop it from trying to poll that proxy for the artifacts which don't
exist there?  Perhaps they did exist there at some point in the past, and that's why we have
such a file in the first place?

> Here are a few example errors:
>
> 2013-11-20 14:02:50,377 [http-10000-11] WARN  org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors
 - Transfer invalidated from http://maven.atlassian.com/public/commons-digester/commons-digester/maven-metadata.xml
: Checksums do not match, policy set to FAIL, deleting checksum files and local file [archiva_path]/data/repositories/internal/.workingdirectory81927.tmp/maven-metadata-atlassian-public.xml.

> 2013-11-20 14:02:57,914 [http-10000-22] WARN  org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors
 - Transfer invalidated from http://maven.atlassian.com/public/commons-logging/commons-logging/maven-metadata.xml
: Checksums do not match, policy set to FAIL, deleting checksum files and local file [archiva_path]/data/repositories/internal/.workingdirectory81974.tmp/maven-metadata-atlassian-public.xml.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au