archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Stallard,David" <stall...@oclc.org>
Subject Archiva 1.3.5 database administration question
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:40:04 GMT
According to the following page, there should be 6 configurable Unprocessed Artifacts Consumers
and 3 Artifact Cleanup Consumers:

http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.5/adminguide/consumers.html

However, on our Administration - Database page, we only have 1 Unprocessed Artifact Consumer
listed, and that is update-db-project.

If I click the "Update Consumers" button, nothing observable happens.  I thought perhaps this
button would allow me to enable some of the other consumers, although now I'm guessing that
it just commits any changes to the checkboxes next to each consumer.

Why do I only have 1 consumer in this section?  Does it have something to do with the way
Archiva was installed years ago?  Is it possible to make some of the others available?

We have had various error messages in the log and unreliable searching for a long time now,
and I suspect it may be because database consumers such as index-archive-toc, index-artifact,
and so forth, are not running.

Thanks,
David