archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva becoming unresponsive nightly
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 23:50:16 GMT

Stallard,David wrote:

> Our primary theory at this point is that the repository scans are somehow adversely affecting
Archiva and at some point 1-2 hours after they complete, Archiva becomes unresponsive.  We
are setting up some test builds to run over the holiday weekend which will hopefully give
us more data to prove or disprove this (we are running a build every hour so we can better
pinpoint exactly when uploads stop working).

> Any ideas?

Have you had a look at the system status page, before, during and after
the scans to see if any of the resources are tight?

Are you using the default memory settings, or have you changed them in
wrapper.conf? If default, perhaps try allocating more memory if you are
able.

> As a workaround, based on the assumption that the scans are causing the problem, we have
considered changing the respository scan from daily to weekly.  Would this affect any aspect
of Archiva other than the ability to search for recently uploaded artifacts?

By default, it will just affect search/browse/reporting of artifacts
placed directly on the filesystem. Artifacts uploaded through the HTTP
interface will still be processed.

Removing the scans will prevent snapshot cleanup from occurring if you
have that enabled, but that can often be done on a less frequent basis.

HTH,
Brett

--
Brett Porter   @brettporter