archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Unique SNAPSHOT version and buildNumber question...
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:40:18 GMT
I'm still trying to get my head around this and hope someone here can help.

When a SNAPSHOT build of our WAR files is deployed to Archiva, such as:

     MyApp-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war

the "SNAPSHOT" gets replaced with a unique timestamp/version number, such
as:

     MyApp-1.0.0-20130607.220924-2.war

I would like to have the exact version number (e.g.,
1.0.0-20130607.220924-2) in the MANIFEST.MF (or some other property file)
that can be made available in the application/service itself so we can
determine exactly what build is deployed to tomcat.

I've been glancing at the buildnumber-maven-plugin but I don't *think* it
will work because I need the unique SNAPSHOT version in the MANIFEST.MF to
correlate with the actual artifact timestamp in Archiva.

Has anyone done this and if so how?

Many thanks!

--
Jeff Vincent