archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unique SNAPSHOT version and buildNumber question...
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 03:51:14 GMT
Hi Jeff,

If I'm understanding correctly, this is more of a Maven question, since you want it inside
the artifact before it is deployed. However, Maven determines this value at deployment time,
not build time, so it can't be baked in. The best thing to do is have your deployment or configuration
management tool take care of writing that value out somewhere alongside the application. You
can certainly leverage the Maven metadata in Archiva to do that.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org