archiva-users mailing list archives

From Lothar Werzinger <lot...@tradescape.biz>
Subject Uploading artifacts using the REST API of Archiva 1.4
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 17:02:22 GMT
Hi,

I am researching Archiva and I tried using the REST API for Archiva 1.4.

I am using 1.4-M3 as well as the staged 1.4-M4 from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/archiva/1.4-M4

The upload API is a bit confusing, but I could figure out how it works by
using wireshark and monitoring what the manual upload page did.
With 1.4-M3 I managed to upload a SNAPSHOT artifact (with the manual upload
page) to the *internal* repository, rendering it unusable (I had to
re-install Archiva)

I can now upload an artifact to archiva via the REST API, but the API does
not return a conclusive result as to the fact that the upload (and
insertion onto the repository) actually worked or not.
For my use case I need to present the user with a meaningful error message
if inserting an artifact into the repository fails, so I am interested to
hear what the correct way of doing this might be.

As a work-around I tried to search for the just uploaded artifact but I ran
into some snags there, too.

   - With 1.4-M3 the upload seems to be asynchronous, so I can only wait an
   arbitrary amount of time before checking if the artifact is there.
   - With 1.4-M4 the (advanced) search seems to be no longer working at all
   REST API and search page always return no match although I can verify that
   the artifact exists by browsing to it.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
--

Lothar Werzinger

Principal Architect

Tradescape, Inc. - Enabling Efficient Digital Marketplaces

+1-650-931-6719 (direct)

+1-800-697-6068 (main) Ext. 116

lothar@tradescape.biz<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=lothar@tradescape.biz>

http://www.tradescape.biz

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the

addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake,

please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not in

accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as a whole

or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot

guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore Tradescape will not be

liable for the message if modified.

--

-