archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Patrice Ringot <oku...@free.fr>
Subject Archiva 1.4 M3/M4 on Raspberry PI
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 22:39:16 GMT
Hello

Just for information: the latest snapshot of 1.4-M4 I have downloaded 
today is able to run decently on a Raspberry PI model B (512MB) under 
Raspbian Wheezy and
the Nov 12 preview of the Oracle JDK 8 for ARM processors. The UI is 
responsive, and the utilization of Maven is very acceptable for a home 
network (I have just modified the
-Xmx parameter to 256M instead of the 512MB default).

The only thing that do not work out of the box is the Tanuki wrapper as 
it is packaged in the current distribution; it is too old to contain the 
required ARM files
(the latest one from SourceForge is OK).

Another thing I have  noted (unrelated to the Raspberry or this 
particular version of Archiva) concerns the content of the wrapper.conf 
file: it contains the version of each jar in the classpath. As I 
initially used it as a template in my Archiva puppet module, I had a 
problem when I made the 1.4-M3 -> 1.4-M4 update "in place" (class not 
found since the jars filenames have naturally changed between these two 
versions).

Extract from wrapper.conf:

# Java Classpath (include wrapper.jar)  Add class path elements as
#  needed starting from 1
wrapper.java.classpath.1=lib/wrapper.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.2=%REPO_DIR%/archiva-jetty-1.4-M4-SNAPSHOT.pom
wrapper.java.classpath.3=%REPO_DIR%/jetty-server-8.1.9.v20130131.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.4=%REPO_DIR%/javax.servlet-3.0.0.v201112011016.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.5=%REPO_DIR%/jetty-continuation-8.1.9.v20130131.jar
...

So I have changed my way of dealing with this file, but I remembered 
that I did not encountered this problem with the
ElasticSearch service wrapper; actually they manage the classpath 
differently:

# Java Classpath (include wrapper.jar)  Add class path elements as
#  needed starting from 1
wrapper.java.classpath.1=%ES_HOME%/bin/service/lib/wrapper.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.2=%ES_HOME%/lib/elasticsearch*.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.3=%ES_HOME%/lib/*.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.4=%ES_HOME%/lib/sigar/*.jar

Using the * wildcard makes  wrapper.conf and Archiva versions much more 
independant of each other.

Regards

Patrice

PS: I have also tested artifacts deletion in the snapshot repository and 
it was OK for me. This is very convenient.



Mime
View raw message