archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index help...
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 15:54:48 GMT
Thanks Olivier!  I will set an absolute directory.

On a side note as per previous discussion, I have an NFS mount for the
archiva data folder that is symlinked.

NFS: /mnt/archiva-remote

ARCHIVA:  /archiva/data --> /mnt/archiva-remote

When I set my repository folder via the Archiva UI to something like:

/archiva/data/repositories/cms-releases

After I save and then refresh the UI, the value for the repository gets
changed to:

/mnt/archiva-remote/repositories/cms-releases

While this still works, it makes it difficult to move or relocate the
share. Recently we had to create a bigger share (we now have 4TB) on
another system to which we mounted at a different mount point, to which we
copied the data files from the old share and then switched the symlink, but
it broke the repositories because the directories were pointing to the old
NFS mount.  Something to look at anyway.

When is 1.4-M4 scheduled?

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:15 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> in trunk.
> if blank .indexer directory is created in the repository directory.
> I agree "Index Directory" is a bit confusing option.
> As this doesn't work really if you configure something outside of the
> top of your repository directory.
> Furthermore I have noticed changing the value it's not dynamic (need a
> restart).
> So I will try to fix that.
> Currently what you can do is adding a value with a directory inside
> your repository directory.
> If repository use /home/archiva/repo/mygreat-repo
> use /home/archiva/repo/mygreat-repo/.indexer
> I will try to fix that in trunk (or at least improve documentation ! )
> 2013/2/6 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>:
> > Hi,
> > Apologize for delay.
> >
> > 2013/2/4 Jeff <predatorvi@gmail.com>:
> >> I'm now trying to switch up the index directories on my repositories
> and am
> >> banging my head.  I've simply removed the "Index Directory" setting on
> my
> >> repos and I see the .indexer folder getting created.  Which is good.
> >>
> >> However, according to
> >> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M3/adminguide/repositories.html, it
> >> states:
> >>
> >> *Another directory named .index is also created at the root of the
> >> repository directory. This is not configurable though as it contains the
> >> packaged/bundled index which is consumed by different consumers of the
> >> index such as M2Eclipse. *
> > doh documentation is wrong (we use .indexer)
> >>

> >> However, it is NOT getting created.  I've restarted tomcat, I've forced
> >> full index scan on every repository as well as a Directory scan.
> >>
> >> The above statement also lead me to believe that regardless of the
> location
> >> of ".indexer" that ".index" would still get created at the root but it
> >> isn't.
> >>
> >> On one repository I tried setting "Index Directory" to ".index", but I
> get
> >> an error that it can't create "/usr/share/tomcat6/.index".
> > A bit weird.
> > What is -Dappserver.base value ?
> > BTW I agree there are some possible with relative path (I fixed some in
> trunk).
> > But while studying your case, I think this need more attention/debugging.
> > I'm on it. I will keep you informed as soon I have fixed (or at least
> > understood the issue :-)) that in source code.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any additional direction...

> wanted
> keeping
> unsuccessful